A unique meeting point
Researchers, academics, caregivers, industrial and other economic players involved in the fight against cancer, gather for the first time in one place. Their objective : provide patients with the most innovative therapies.
The Oncopole, a reference site :
To contact the hospital, please dial 05.31.15.50.50
- Due to the originality of its model and the powerful emerging synergy, Oncopole is a gathering of all of Midi-Pyrénées stakeholders involved in fighting cancer, from all specialties. This pooling of knowledge and resources enables a unique continuum between research, care and training.
- Due to its architectural and conceptual modernity: By taking into account the needs of patients, healthcare professionals and researchers, the buildings contribute to everyone’s well-being. Exchanges and communication between all partners are facilitated. The location of each partner was studied in response to a logic optimization where translational research is central in the process.
Light, space and vegetation predominate and make the Oncopole an open place, with a high quality of life, access, home and work.
The technical platforms are on site. The pooling of competencies offers each partner privileged access to technology: research, diagnosis and care platforms.
- Its Due to its legitimacy
At the core of the project, an entity which combines :
|Healthcare : Oncopole’s Cancer University Institute (IUC)||Research : Cancer Research Center of Toulouse (CRCT)|
Results in the combination of :
The CRCT :
A site of convergence
Its philosophy: better focus to better Shine .
- The Oncopole is a regional, national and international focal point where trades and specialties are essential to:
- The emerging of more efficient research
- More targeted and personalized care
- Knowledge sharing and dissemination
For the benefit of patients.
- A place where “hard” sciences are combined to medical sciences and humanities,
- A place - via the IUC Oncopole - where each patient’s record is examined with the same care in multidisciplinary meetings (RCP) by the best experts in the region.
A consistent site
Where the challenge is the same for all
- All players on the Oncopole are involved in the fight against cancer.
- The proximity of the partners contributes to a better efficiency: partnerships, meetings, exchanges and greater responsiveness.
- The treatments the Oncopole provides to patients are: coordinated (via the Oncomip, a regional cancer network), fair (regardless of the patient’s place of residence or treatment) and organized (reception of patients and their family, healthcare and diagnosis platforms, appropriate infrastructure ...).
« Par le regroupement des talents cliniques, économiques et scientifiques pour accélérer le processus de recherche, de découverte et d'applications thérapeutiques personnalisés, l’Oncopole consolide l’engagement de Toulouse dans l’innovation scientifique au service des sciences de la vie. A l’heure de l’arrivée sur le site des premiers patients et des premières équipes de l’Institut Universitaire du Cancer de Toulouse, il m’est apparu comme prioritaire d’impulser un nouveau souffle, un nouvel élan à ce lieu d'excellence et d’innovation pour répondre pleinement à ce nouveau défi pour la métropole. »
Jean Luc Moudenc
Président de Toulouse Métropole
Maire de Toulouse