Cancer-Bio-Health Competitiveness Cluster
As a catalyst for innovation and partnerships, Cancer-Bio-Santé (CBS), certified in 2005, is one of the 7 "Biotech - health" Competitiveness Clusters. It is the only French division dedicated to cancer.
Training - Research - Industry: pillars of the cluster
Based on training - research - industry, CBS connects players in innovation health academic laboratories, start-ups, SMEs, industrial groups, support structures and R & D funding ....Objectives : Stimulate and accelerate the creation of projects, products, innovation and value. The Pole stimulates both therapeutic innovations for the benefit of the patient, creating wealth and jobs.
Its main tasks are to:
- Animate the local bio-health sector: encourage meetings and synergies between different actors, encourage multidisciplinary projects, lead innovation
- Get involved in local economic development Midi-Pyrénées and Limousin regions:
- Certify collaborative R & D and structuring projects,
- Support the establishment of technology platforms,
- Accompany local TPE and SMEs, especially to international markets,
- Conduct an active international policy through partnerships with clusters of reference
- Enable local "inter-cluster" (with Aerospace Valley for topics related to home health, monitoring and patient autonomy [http://www.aerospace-valley.com/en], - Agrimip Innovation
- Cancers by food [http://www.agrisudouest.com/en/] et nationales.
CBS center and Oncopole
CBS center has its place at the heart of Oncopole, a concrete illustration of a successful synergy to which CBS contributes daily. Among its core missions, CBS promotes Oncopole internationally and helps to attract new companies to the cluster.
Cancer-Bio-Santé Cluster is funded by the State, Regional Councils of Midi-Pyrénées and Limousin, the General Council of Tarn, Toulouse Métropole Urban Community, Sicoval the Community of Agglomeration of Castres-Mazamet.The division also has private funding through membership fees and support from several banks.
Key figures (end of 2014)
163 projects approved
> Including 83 funded
Representing a base of more than 228 M €
> More than € 96 million of public funding
Priority actions for 2015
- Promoting Oncopole internationally.
- The installation of new businesses attracted by the prospects of synergy that the campus offers (on the subject of clinical trials in particular).
- The transformation of "project factory" into a real "growth plant", with effects already measured in terms of number of patents, products, jobs and active companies in the sector.
«At a time when it is becoming increasingly difficult for pharmaceutical industry to lead a single molecule towards the market and the bedside, partnerships are the only option in a tensioned competitive and regulatory environment to feed the pipelines of innovations and new therapies: the role of a center as CBS is now major and crucial»
« The creation of innovation-related economic activity is the heart of Cancer-Bio-Santé competitiveness cluster, which connects physicians, researchers and entrepreneurs, to help in the emergence and creation of innovative projects and their international development.
The site's economic development harmoniously accompanies its medical and scientific project. »
M. Liberto YUBERO, President of the Cancer-Bio-Santé competitiveness cluster